Friday, January 12, 2007

Four Grueling Days in Penang

I made it. I am now, or at least I consider myself to be a true process engineer. It was fun I would say, my first business convention, also my first technical presentation, what only a senior engineer participated in, and dude, I pulled it off!

So here are some re-caps. First day was warm, as in the welcome was good. Having to stay in a suite rated at RM 1400 a nite was overwhelming. I was addressed "mam", which was never the case. And talk about the view I had from my room, I after all needed a vacation. So, all in all, I would say, I deserved it.


DSC00061
A welcome note

DSC00056
I only had six hours on this luxurious crib every nite

DSC00055
And when I'm stressed, this calms me, especially at nite

DSC00067
The one year old consultant

DSC00076
Battle of wits

DSC00077
The PM giving his closing but hey no joke, standing like that, having to face another 61 people in that room just waiting to pound you with words.

After all that tongue tide moments, I made it. I even had people coming up to me saying I did well. Maybe they were being nice. But I swear, I have never thought I would have a stammer, and I did.

It's like being judged. Especially when one of the TCE participant told me off, "your recommendation no. 5 should not be shown on the slide. It's ridiculous." But it doesnt matter because my boss backed me up. There was this one question I single handedly tackled and made this bunch of people just shut the fuck up. For once.

I am back in the office today, just 5 hours of sleep last nite, it's crazy if this is really the life of a process engineer. I guess, if you are crazy in love with your job, then it is all worth it.