Monday, January 31, 2005

Saturday's Mocktale

My Saturday started on the Thursday I had my annual leave. I studied for the exam... hard enough till Saturday morn. At about 2.30am on Saturday, I called it quits for my mugging. My brains felt like a sponge soaked in water for 2 days. It was saturated enough to make me feel there was weights piled on above my neck.

For the PTD exam, I was ready enough. At least I thougth so. There was a malay saying about how I felt, "Dah cuba sedaya upaya, kini tawakal sahaja". And so, I woke up at about 6am on the Saturday and left for SMK Aminuddin Baki, Kampong Pandan. At the school, I met many like myself, all geared up for the exam. Except maybe for one gal, who did not bring a pencil, can you imagine that? It was stated pretty clear on the letter of invitation, to bring such stationary. I was wondering, did she stumble upon this gathering for the exam, or was she forced to come... PTD, so much for competency. But I also reminded myself: Never underestimate these ppl by the way they dress or bring themselves. The ones that look like trash are the ones who are worthy of themselves.

I was actually proud of myself yesterday. I had one fear... the essay writing. A 350 words Malay essay was like the biggest nitemare to me, in fact I had them just the week before, if you remembered me saying it in one of my posties. Nightmare.. but turned out, I was actually flowing the minute I manage to come up with the introduction. I was amazed at my own capability. After five years of not writing even a malay language essay, I pulled tru quite well. I even manage to slip in one of them idiom at the end of it. The famous "melentur buluh biarlah dari rebungnya" was my choice.

At the end of the 4.30pm, I was satisfied with my performance. It was a battle won, whether I made it into the PTD or NOT, I won. I was proud of myself for not running away from the exam. I went there, faced my fears and I won my pride and self worthy. And then I decided, that is what I will try to achieve this year, to face my fears.

I did one, the mb issue. And then, the ex-bf issue. And now, the PTD exam. I am not all that ignorant on political, economical and world issues after all. The best bit was, after that whole day session of brain squeezing, pres booked tickets for Elektra. And he bought me soursop fruit. That was like a suprise treat for me. How sweet of him.

And later at nite, we went to Monterez to watch NRG play. Agus, my workmate joined us. Boy, oh boy, someone had the time of his life "loosing himself". Way to go! He got on well with sherrie my best mate. All of us danced like there was no tomorrow. And there was this superly drunk women, banging the stage. I swear she was the "dancing queen". I also had a nice chat with Errie and I found out where he's from. Eheheheh... he's from Ampang!

Point is, yesterday I had a mixture of hectic and fun. It was the perfect mocktail. Everyone was happy by 3am. It was a perfect Saturday. Also, I found out on Friday that my boss gave us all Bonuses this year. Way to go En. Ameer! That was just awesome.

How can my weekend get any better than this? Today is Sunday.. I'm just chilling it for a bit till Monday strikes in. I am feeling at the top of the world today, just a lil tired. Tired but contented.