Thursday, December 16, 2004

What Was I Suppose To Do?

You are driving, then you are faced with this scenario:

Two teenager gals walking on the pedestrian lane in Kajang, heading for some place kinda dodgy. On the way back, you see them again. This time, one of them laying on the road, heads down, it looked like she was crying, on the pavement. And her friend looked confused, almost lost. Very lost in fact.

I was faced with that yesterday. And it was 11.00pm. Bloody hell! I am a girl myself. Things like that could happen to me. So I gave them a lift. Apparently, they missed the bus coming home from their sister's place. Maybe I was naive to believe them. But I cant just drive past. I am not cold-blooded.

I dropped them off. Then I had some thoughts. Like what if they were phoney. I mean like they had a guy waiting at the side, just waiting to nab me and my car or something. It was dangerous.

But I felt good I made some good deed last nite. Oh well, sometimes life works in a weird way. I was lucky they were really in genuine trouble. Imagine if I was helpful and turn out they were some kinda notorious most wanted criminals around. Damnit! Then I just have to do my karateka thingy wouldnt I. Then that would be messy at the end of the day wont it? Think about the amount of work Alam Flora have to go tru cleaning up pulp of chiq meat (theirs of course).

Point is, today, when you wanna lend a helping hand, or feel like being good samaritans, you just have to think a hundred times. It is a mean mean place, this world. It is hard being nice and not as well.

Just think about it....