Monday, February 12, 2007

No formatting involved - Free thoughts

I dont have an intro for this one.

I attended my first gym training last weekend. I wouldnt say I am a healt freak now, but I am serious and pretty excited about it. While I was walking (yes walking really fast, for a person who almost never exercise, fast walking is good progress, mind you), I remembered this scene from Conspiracy Theory. The trick to it is "dont focus on the machine". Keep going. Keep your chin up. And before you know it, the 20 minutes is over. I'm working on my cardio.

For most of them, it's about losing weight. It's about looking good. For me, it's about staying healthy and answering "yes" to that doctors question "do you exercise?".

That walking fast and skiing act for 20 minutes each, is a lot like surviving life. My friend turned up to work with a tee saying "Life is not a job". As much as I would love to agree to that, but deep inside, I know that mine, this life of mine contradicts to it.

At work, you strive. You learn how to deal with yourself and others. It is really about how you fit in, to obide your leader and tell him in the nicest and most subtle manner that he's gone wrong when you disagree. You then create a way you have with your subordinates how you want them to do so that they will obide you with not fear but respect, even if they are twice your age. You strive, and you try carefully without tripping. Focus on the passion you have for this job even if you havent slept the normal 8 hours last nite.

In love that you have commited, you understand your man. Acknowledge that he leads, give him the pace he wants to go, but make sure you are holding the reign with him. If you come across a bump, make sure to hold on to and not fall out.

No compromise when it comes to your family. As a child you try to satisfy your parents. You try to do every possible thing there is to keep them happy. You keep running even if your feet hurts, you try to go out of the way just to make them proud because they are the sole reason of your existance. And it matters.

The only times you have with yourself is the eight hours sleep. And sometimes, that is limited. So you tell me, isnt life a job?