Thursday, January 25, 2007

curious incident in the night

And they said that a cat has nine lives. At this point I am surely hoping that this is true.

Smeagols was born to us somewhere in 2004. When she was born she had a diarrea and almost uncurable fever along with her other siblings. She was the only one who survived. I stayed almost all nite feeding her milk mixed with a tinge of glucose because she was badly dehydrated.

When I brought her to the clinic, they said that they cant do anything. Her mom wouldnt feed her and apparently kittens have to have 2ml of milk every hour, and I along with my sister Nathra tried our very best keeping up to that.

Yes, she survived with a bad nerve problem. I imagine a kitten, now a cat with parkinson disease. She grew with that. People who had a glimpse of her will turn twice with amusement. Some called her "cacat" or "retarded". I just thought she was special.

Amongst my 8 other cats, I always had her number one on my list.

Yesterday, my dad found her sprawled on the floor, bleeding from face. Nathra woke me up at 11 last nite to tell me that Smeagols bleeding like crazy.

She had her jaw all smashed up, her nose no longer looked like one but more like a pulp. I swear, if you looked at her, you would have cried. Fuck! I'm guessing she met with an accident. But I have pyscho neighbours so I wouldnt be suprises if someone did this to her.

There's no 24 hours vet that I know about. So, we just keep her in, and she survived till morning with no painkiller whatsoever. She's now admitted into UPM vet centre for a diagnose. It's uncertain if they will be able to mend her. I feel like shit today, eventhough I know she's with the doctors, but it's just me, I really hope she's in safe hands. I pray, I hope after the x-ray, they will be able to at least have her jaws in place so she can purr and eat like normal.

Please God, she's one strong cat, she's done it before. I just pray that she'll be a fighter once again and come out of this. I love her, she's my special baby. I just hope she'll be able to come back to us again.