Thursday, June 14, 2007

Ravi's return

A cousin of mine made a big suprise by returning home from the US of A without giving us all a note that he'd be back. He made a joke about how he didnt have to buy chocolates for anyone if he just popped out of nowhere.

Having heard of his big comeback, I left work early despite the fact that I have got a submission just to meet him. My grandma who's almost 100 went to meet him. My dad left kajang for damansara in the middle of the night just to see him. Basically everyone was so happy and excited, put it this way, he created a chaos.

Now, all of this wouldnt have been if he was in the US for a straight 3 years, neither if it was for 5 years. The last he came back was back in 1990. He's aged now from the last time I met him when I was 9 and he was 28.

The thing about him is that, despite the large age gap there, I was pretty close to him. I used to jump about him. And the meeting yesterday denoted that we connect well. He is 45 but he's cool. I laughed the whole time talking to him. It was like a party at home!

There was this funny incident that I remembered after all this years. Normally people would have forgotten it by now, but I cant take that memory out of my mind. I was suprised he remembered it as well. He is married now. I do not know much about him, but I am glad to know he's doing great.

Ane' Ravi, welcome home dude!!!