Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The second cut still feels like the first

I have been thinking. And I thought through. Thoroughly this time.

For all the time I have been away from blogging. I have been thinking, and rectifying problems I faced.

So, a lil flashback to what brings me here today...

It all started when he had expectations. At first I felt honoured by it. Then, he wanted to make me a leader. He layed out the plans he had for me for the next 5 years. But 5 years is a too long of a time, especially in a business like this. He presented me with reward. As much as the Ringgits could offer. I was bought by it. Then, the expectations grew bigger. Staying up to work till almost 10pm wasnt enough. After all I was rewarded. Hence, I cannot and dare not complain. That's when I started talking to the others. The experienced, just like his kind. They presented me with enlightment of how things should be. And how this is "humanly impossible".

That's when I began my actions. I started applying for the others. Asking for more than what he can offer. Money and time. It was a priceless package. Then I went to the interview. And I was offered higher than what I wanted. A thousand more. And all the time I need to myself and my family. An irresistable package.

This happened yesterday. I was suprised and amazed at my own talent and skills. Dad was so proud that I have doubled up on my paycheck within months, he replied "I want to study chemical engineering".

And that brings me here. To where I stand now. To leave him. Professionally. He hasnt a clue. He's stopped jumping at me for the others mistakes. He has stopped giving more work to me. He hasnt a clue how devastating this outcome has turned into, but he knows something is not right with me. He knows that I am somewhat distant now. I dont talk as much. For the past two weeks. I have gone quiet on him, even since I have been thinking.

I am gonna have to break it to him sooner or later. But those eyes. The judging and full of expectation look of his. And how he talks with a smile this days. And after all, he was my mentor. He thought me how to walk my walk and talk my talk. He made a process engineer out of me. He made me. But I will say it, latest by Wednesday next week :

"En. Zam, I resign..."