Friday, May 06, 2005

05 of 05 of 05

Anyone actually took note of the date today, like I did? Something like this dont come often.

05-05-05

Just numbers, just dates.. but for some it might be significant. Two of my pals are celebrating their birthdays today.

I have finally finished 'Veronika decides to die'. It's an everyone's book. Somehow, something inside of each and every of us has surely one unaccomplished dream. Somehow, external factor, like parent's decision or lack of gutts made come to where we have today, when the truth is, we wish we could change our lives. If you have "if only"(s) questions on your mind, then you ought to read this.

It's about the insane, and insanity and if you read on, you'd find out, everyone's crazy. The definition of mad. And it is ok to be different and accept it, rather than to withdraw from reality.

Bits from the story that I fell in love with while I was on my journey to discovering life:

Bits One:
"Because the Virgin equals female energy and is the mistress of the snake, which signifies wisdom. If you look at the ring Dr Igor wears, you'll see that it bears the physician's symbol: two serpents coiled around a stick. Love is above wisdom, just as the Virgin is above the snake. For her, everything is Inspiration. She doesnt bother judging what is Good and what Evil."

Bits Two:
Dr Igor: "You see this thing around my neck?"
Veronika: "You mean your tie?"
Dr Igor: "Exactly. Your answer is logical, coherent answer an absolutely normal person would give: it's a tie! A madman, however, would say that what I have around my neck is a ridiculous, useless bit of coloured cloth tied in a very complicated way, and which makes it harder to get air into you lungs and difficult to turn your neck. I have to be careful when I'm anywhere near a fan, or I could be strangled by this bit of cloth."
"If a mad person were to ask me what this tie is for, I would have to say, absolutely nothing. It's not even purely decorative, since nowadays it's become a symbol of slavery, power, afoolness. The only really useful function a tie serves is the sense of relief when you get home and take it off; you feel as if you've freed yourself from something, though quite what you dont know."
Dr. Igor:"But does that sense of relief justify the existance of ties? No. Nevertheless, if I were to ask a madman and a normal person what this is, the sane person would say: a tie. It doesnt matter who's correct, what matters is who's right."


Enlightening. One word to describe Paulo Coelho's books.

P/S: Reading is a journey in discovering the insignificants.