Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Khutbah Mommy

Yesterday I went home to mom's rambling, which I missed, ironically.

Sometimes, I am just so caught up with work and my social life, the chance to sociallise with the family members are just so... well, almost nil.

However, I had the chance to have a decent 'family'-like conversation with mom. And she started on the 'M' issue, as usual... mothers... :P

And she went on and on, about I have had bad relationships in the past. And when all these happened, pres was around, to happily listen to mom's story. Mom told him about the incident when I had the 'break-up' of my life with my ex. And how, I was shivering while I was sleeping. She knew because I slept with my mom that nite I broke up. It was a sad story, but now when I think of it, I can laugh, laugh out loud!

Then came the mb story. Mom knows about his existance too. How I felt like a loser and cried, whenever I called her from the UK. And she had to be supportive of my decisions because she was afraid I'd do something stupid, like some self-destructive act or something. I was that close in fact. To commiting suicide, to tell you the truth, if not for my precious friends.

The came the conclusion to her tales... that I am with pres now and that close to tieing the knot. And she was afraid I will not comply to being the ideal wife. As usual... the fact that I dont do any housework. Biasaler, mom's ramblings.

Point is, I had an amazing time just listening to her last nite. Eventhough it did hurt my alter ego, but I looked at it as quality time spent with mom. And I miss her. I live with her, but we just dont talk as often as we use to. And that is pretty sad.

I am thinking of taking mom out during weekends. Just for a casual chat. Mom used to be my friend. And 'growing-up' sometimes is so time consuming that I forget my priorities. I guess it is time to fulfill the neglected.