Tuesday, November 23, 2004

First Step to Bliss

I must say that I had the most amazing weekend. Tired... very tired, but PRICELESS. I had to mop the floor (one of those things I would NEVER do), clean up the house and wash dishes. Help mummy put the place together, our home. Run all over Kajang town with pres to get things together for this special weekend of ours.

Why? Coz yesterday, SUNDAY 21st Nov 04, pres' family came in for two reasons, one is to 'beraya' at our place and second, to ask my parents for my hand, then place the precious on my finger. The malays term for this occasion : MERISIK. Yes, I am now booked to be married to Shahrulfazli. Man... it's just sigh.... perfect. I am yet to be married to this man, and I am feeling like a million dollars.

Anyways, the whole thing went perfectly well, though we didnt plan for it to be grand, it was kinda 50-50 grand, coz we had hantaran to go with it, all unplanned. Me and pres just got carried away I guess. It is easy to get carried away when you are shopping bridal stuff with a guy who gets all excited when he enters a shop selling bridal stuff! But I thought it was sweet... smileys...

What is the worst thing being the center of attention? Being the center of attention. Having all eyes on you. Having to pretend you are cool, yet, all jumpy inside. Playing cool when you're not. And what's worst, having people like a 8 year old cousin come up to you and go: "Tersenyum.. senyum!" And then on top of that, this is classic. I was being called to face everyone, and pres' dad asked me if I 'terima' pres. Dammit that devil pres. I looked at him and he just looked away like he dint hear it. Leaving me all alone to face this drama. And I HAD to answer, in public mind you. I had to give this sheepish smile saying "yes" at the same time, that was embarrasing siut... Oh well, I guess pres will be facing the same music on our nikah nite eh?

Anyways, the engagement will take place in June-July when Tasha (my sister) comes back for summer. Oh well, Tasha you are literally HOLDING US UP gal! You better get your ass back down here, or I will personally do the favour for you. Ahaks!

This is life... never wanted to get married. Thought I was gonna be the last one ot get hitched. And what you know, when it is the ONE, the rite time and place and situation, everything just falls in place. Like pieces of puzzles that matched. Who knows I will come to this days kan, kan mates? Me of all people. Life works weird I am tellin you.