Thursday, May 19, 2005

"Will you go out with me"

The famous quote you would hear every now and then, back when I was in college.

Then, comes the big bouquet of flowers when Val's Day came around. Then you get asked to go with someone when the Ball came.

However, my girls along with myself would turn up with the company of just us. Maybe I am glad it happened that way. However so, deep down in our hearts, there will always be a Mr. X (mine), Mr. Y (jin's) and Mr. Z (aboo's). Our objects of affection.

Today I had a conversation over Yahoo!Mess with one of my gals. Thank God for such technology. And it just gave me a slap of reminisence.

I missed those days, when Pn Sab (the housemistress) will do her rounds during prep time. Everytime she goes into Aboo's room and find her not doing prep, she'd straight come to my room, just to find Aboo and I doing our girly-girly bonding session. The topic of the nite, will never differ frm the nite before : Mr X and Mr Z.

I never missed any of these Mr A to Z. But what I missed was that bonding session. It was essential, part and parcel of growing up. How time have flown...

And just about today, I felt that happening again. But we are matured now. And we are not targetting for that 'date' we wished. A mere smile from "omg, he said this and this to me". It's more of a "is he for real" question. The big "L" and the big "M" now.

For all of that, I bid you all good luck with 'that guy' you are eyeing or 'connected' with. And understand one fact I learnt from my mistakes and past.. always, and always... trust your instincts, because no one can feel what you are feeling at this very moment.

Damn! That tsunami in your tummy must really ache.