Saturday, May 14, 2005

Friday the 13th

Did it occur to you that today is indeed Friday the 13th?

Oh well, if you didnt then you fall into the category of probably 40%. It would have been bigger a population, if not for the major publishing on media like Hitz fm.

Are you superstitious enough to believe that today brings such bad luck, and did it begun? All we know is 'friday the 13th this.. and friday the 13th that...' Ever wondered: Why is it that friday the 13th brings such bad
luck? Should we stay in bed all day, never to walk under a ladder or carry a rabbit's tail, as Desree has beautifully rephrased in her song Life.

I'm not so much of a superstitious, however, like most of other girls do, I do check up on my horoscope, once in a while. Especially, when you have a lil of that crush with some guy, you come as far as to just know 'his name and birthdate', for some reason. I'm thinking 'compatibility check'!

Okay, okay, I am a scorpio and I believe so much in my star sign and I am proud being a scorpio, somehow, after some research on my very self, I found out, what said was actually true:

There are two symbols for Scorpio - the scorpion, with its legendary sting and the eagle, which soars aloft to great heights.

'I DESIRE' is the motto for Scorpio. You are intensely emotional and strongly aware of the darker side of human nature. You don't live on the surface of life, but experience it at its deepest levels.

You possess an iron will, a strong ego and a unique personal magnetism. You make a loyal friend and a passionate lover.


You're also intuitive, ambitious and have a penetrating mind. You have a burning need to uncover what is hidden, whether it's a mystery or someone else's innermost secrets. You're rarely who you appear to be on the outside and are not easy to get to know.

You also have a tendency to brood and to bear grudges and can be suspicious and vindictive.
You are the investigators of the zodiac.


Taken from http://www.psychicsconnect.com/astrology/traits_scorpio.asp

Let's see how true this is:
The sting, yes, I can be dangerous, a friend once said, "dont hurt her, will bite back", well thanks for noticing Kavin.

"I DESIRE". True, I am passionate about the things that interests me. And I am oh-so emotional. Lil things can touch my soul. However, sometimes, I fail to exhibit my true feelings, due to the high level of ego I possess.

I possess an iron will. Which explains the fact that I am in love with the quote by julius ceasar "veni, vedi, vinci" which means, "I see, I like, I conquer". A 'must have' situation and I will be oh so disappointed if I fail to obtain it. However, if I set a goal to something, I'd make sure I have done my very best, even if I dont obtain it, I learn to let go. Time taught me so.

I am very intuitive. True, I can guess things with people. Sometimes they ask me "how u know? 'so-and-so told you izzit?'" Nah, I just can guess. So if someone is up to no good, trying to betray me, I'm usually not suprised.

A loyal friend and a passionate lover. Ask Sherrie, I was standing by her, no matter what comes. I would get myself killed in protecting my friends. And I am pretty proud of it too (must be the ego) A passionate lover... sigh, ask pres lar.. :P

Burning need to decypher the mystery. My curiosity sometimes can be hurting. It's true, what they say... "what you dont know, wont hurt you". Damn it hurts to know he two timed me. Eh, not talking about pres (he's a scorpio too, so he's passionate and loyal)

Ambitious.. Sherrie said, sometimes my ambitions are scary. But I believe strongly, that nothing is impossible.

I'm rarely who I appear to be on the outside and am not easy to get to know. That is true, why? Because I cant stand to be hurt by the people I care about. I'm emotional, lil things can turn me into a soft pulp of mince. Aboo once said, "nadz, u are like that biscuit with chocolate cream inside.. hard on the outside, soft in the inside". Also love to potray as if I am some 'bad-ass chick' and I can hit you, so hard, your mom wont know it's you. Truth is, I cant even hurt an ant.

Grudges and vindictive. Who wouldnt be when they are hurt? But a word of 'sorry' and I'm all soft again. Damn I hate being emotional!

Also, on scorpio-scorpio (pres & I) compatibility, Yahoo! says that:

When two Scorpions make a love match, it is a fierce tempest of intense passion. Both are obsessed with one another, and they move forward in love, sex and romance at an accelerated -- some would say foolish -- way. Personal relations are positively steamy but, to the equal and opposite extreme, disputes will also be frenetically powerful. This relationship could go either way: It will either be the most wonderful thing in the world or a destruction of both involved.


The romantic merger of two sexy Scorpions can bring out the best in both love mates; each will use their intense emotional and intuitive natures to love their partner very deeply. Resolve and passion will keep these two together. The most powerful and threatening external forces will have a difficult time intruding on the happiness of a truly committed Scorpio couple. If they can wrangle their ardent energies, this power pair can set off fireworks.

The Planets Mars and Pluto rule Scorpio. Mars is the ancient God of War, always charging forward -- passionate, aggressive and courageous. Pluto is the higher octave of Mars and controls the power, destruction and rebirthing elements of the Scorpio-Scorpio relationship. These two planets together allow the Scorpion to bounce back after disappointments or tragic losses. Fortunately for the Scorpion, intense passions inflate the importance and loss of everything.

Scorpio is a Water Sign, so their first instinct in love is to respond deeply, passionately, fervently, and if they decide to express themselves, its never done halfway. Scorpios should commit themselves to this goal: Tame the vengeful or vindictive side of their intuitive personalities, and to celebrate the extreme ups and quickly forget the downs. A Scorpio must let go and really say what they want, what they feel, what they need, to their love mates. Pent-up emotions can become toxic, frustrating the one feeling them and confusing the one wondering about them. Because both are so devoted, jealousy may become an issue. Be strong, brave Scorpios, and overcome this hurdle together!

Scorpio is a Fixed Sign. Idea shortages are never an issue with this pair. No couch potato couple this one -- they like to stay active, and they'll accomplish much together. They share a knack for investments and risks -- calculated ones, that is. A Scorpio couple will thoroughly research and investigate an idea if that's what it requires. Once Scorpio love mates set their eyes on the prize, that's it -- it's theirs.

What's the best thing about a Scorpio-Scorpio love match? The intensity of love that this couple can feel. They're very goal-oriented, and their shared power makes them an incomparable,
unconquerable duo! Utter devotion ensures that this relationship will continue for a long time

So, if you are a Scorpio, nu and jin, I reckon you should get a scorpio man.. hahaha, see what happened to Pres & !, lost in space and time.

We are the unconquerable duo, I must say!

P/S: So much for Friday, the 13th, huh?!