Wednesday, January 05, 2005

The 'tersirat' behind the 'tersurat'

Read between the lines.

Unfortunately, I am not the award winning poet. And I did not do literature of any sort while I was at sec school.

This is just a reminiscence of the past.

This is an issue of the typical girl translating what the guy really meant. As in, guys says blah blah, but he actually meant la la la. I know, this becomes significant, only when two people or just one are/is involved in the game of love.

It annoys me, why is love a game of who wins and who loses? Another thing, why when two people like each other, it is a race of who confesses first? Is love no longer pure, when both should be winning? I was once, so deluded by this whole love-thingy-idea. Oh, and there was another thing, who loves the other more?

I was once in that game myself, but I made one big mistake instead of confronting my feelings and conveying it to my subject of affection, I used other people to do the translating for me. I realised, that was actually where I went wrong. And, I was so scared, I actually asked people who knew him and me this typical teen girl question: "Does he feel the same?" What a loser I was. And in the end, I lost indeed. Because, he never knew how I felt (probably guessed it, it was obvious from the way I was acting, but again it is better said) and I never knew the answer. Which still haunts me till today.

And plus, the people I asked, I trusted. But they had the power to either make it go really well, or blunder the whole issue, unintentionally. And in the end, today... I have my own-self to blame.

I have come up with this theory I concluded with all this happening to me:
The platonic feelings that two people feel when Mr Cupid decide to strike are so immaculate, only these two are able to feel. And they both breathe it, every morn when they wake. With the crack of smile as dawn breaks, this peace feeling in their soul. The answer is in your gut instinct. And hence, trust it, like you trust your very self. Never, never in any circumstances, get a middle person. Wrong move, checkmate and you are a goner.

The answer is not in the text book, or with your friend. It is there in your very heart.

After that whole incident, I made a pledge to myself, that I wont and cant afford to make the same mistake, hence came Pres in my life. And it doesnt matter who loves the other more. Love aint a game of winnings or losings. It aint about playing your cards right either (as explained by Haidar 2 years back then).

I am glad that my Pres is as pure and probably as daft as I am, and that is why he is sooo straight to the point, it hurts me at times. But it is all he meant, I dont need to hire a bloody translater to understand him.

Love is a win-win situation. And it is easy, just like the religion. It is catered to serve us in achieving harmony living. Safe is the defination of the religion, so is love. And that is what I felt for the past 13 months with Pres.

Boy, it is good to be alive and coloured again!