Friday, November 24, 2006

The butterfly effect


When we were students - the thought for the moment or day would be:

- staying in tonight?
- place? what are gonna where?
- seeing someone?
- ohmagad, he asked you out? (screeeeeaaaaam!!)
- what's that cute guys name again?

and for the special friday tribute, it'll be - weekend plans?

Now when we are all adults working, or rather being in a situation where you mingle with these adults (and yes, I regard myself as e kid, more like a teen caught in the body of e 25-year old engineer - damnit!), your hear people around you talking a different language altogether.

And you are naturally forced to take part. It's like Heat Transfer's natural convection process.

Investment.

That's their thing. How to grow money on trees. Where to dump that 100K savings and its calculated risk doin it. Fast cash. ASB loans. Swissbanking return. UbuyUsell catalogs.

To think about it, it is all money here, money there. And with the lil I have to scavenge off, after paying my car installment, credit card debts, and soon the insurance, what's left is what's left of me. Myself to take care of, my food and my clothes. Thank God I still live with my parents.

It's all about the dung-didi-dung dung. Keching! It's all about the money innit? Or is it really? Money the factor to life?

What happened to love and passion and family? And time?

I am actually sickened by the idea of working already, to tell you the truth. It's disgusting. I know it can be such an ego boost, especially if you are doing well, but seriously, is this all we seek for till the day we walk tru the valley of death?

To make things worst, I have been converted by natural convection to become one of them. The adults. I will commit myself to e property just for investment sake. And this I have decided, will commence at the beginning of 2007. This will by God's willing take place after the increment.

Amin.

And yes, it took me 3 years of working experience to get here.