Thursday, November 23, 2006

Being an annoying bitch is what I do outside of work

The name is Bond. James Bond.

Now normally that's how it begins. But this time it ended this way. Not so much a 007 fan, but it's just something you have to do. Watch I meant.

For those who dont want to. Dont. For those who went. Well, it's something you have to do, like I said earlier.

The only thing I liked about it besides him coming off the water with minimal clothes on, was the torturing. Call me a sadist, watever, but I think torturing is art really. Going tru it is not. But something fictional like this, I can handle.

Here I am again on a non-Friday. Most probably will again tomorrow, but heck, it satisfies me to write all this gibberish that comes tru my mind. For once, pour out, an emotional blowdown valve, if you have done some safety control.

I come to realise this, what I do at work is almost geeky, and the worst thing about it is that I enjoy it. Being a geek. Being a smart ass, being annoyingly intimidating.

But the whole truth about it, let me tell this. You have lack of friends. And people always have this idea, a smart-ass is often related to the word "kiasu".

Now they have got it wrong. You come to me for advice, I will help. The thing is I dont have time. Bloody hell, to explain and teach you the whole process to it. I have a week's worth of work I have to submit in on Monday, now you tell me, do I have time to teach you?

I am not - not willing to, I just cant. And so I give you a copy of the exercise I've done in my past and expect you comprehend it. Accompanied by the reference that will enhance your knowledge, is that not enough?

Apparently not for this superior who always has something sarcastic to say, like "you are not in my project, so I aint teaching you". Now that's kiasu. Like "boss awak belum balik tau" when I am about to leave the office. Like heck, I leave because I'm done for the day, not because my boss is not around so I decide to fong-fei-kaei.

Too bad I'm my mentor's jewel of the gems. Too bad he teaches me all he can. And I can tell you why he choses me above all. Because I get things done. Because I add the extra mile to the effort put in. Because I take pride in what I do.

So, now you tell me, is it not fair, you jerk?

Now why dont you take pride and train this apparentice of yours, instead of pushing her to an intermidiate like me, besides I dont carry the Ir. title like you do.