Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Turning 48

"So what are you planning to do on the Independence Day?" asked my friend who is of British nationality.

After a while I came to think, to tell you the truth "nothing". It made me wonder how many people out there who understands what I mean.

I was born on an era when everything was a breeze through. No war, just peace that with all the trouble people go out to get themselves in, makes me believe that we need war to feel alive. To have the need to get out of bed and stay alive as long as we hoped for.

Back in the Japanese days, I remember my grandma saying something on having to splash chicken's blood on her sarong just so that she wont get raped by the Japanese. Having to eat boiled tapioca everyday. You get rice like you get water in Seremban, the catuan system.

Tales like these dont really mean anything, because it is almost unbelievable, having to leave in Malaysia today. I cant put myself in the position of them who went tru war and what not. I wonder, somedays these stories will die with time and what the future children will be.

No matter how much I do want to go out there to explore the world, like Henry the Black and to seek for wealth and glory, I do love my Malaysia. Our Malaysia.

Happy 48th Birthday Malaysia!